Saturday, August 18, 2012

Armagideon Yago

Mix Title: Armagideon Yago
Recepient: Troy Nelson






Tracklist

1. Startup Chime - LADYTRON
2. Plaster Casts of Everything - LIARS
3. Bipolar - BLONDE REDHEAD
4. River Styx - BLACK REBEL MOTORCYCLE CLUB
5. Between Me and the Ground - DEAD MEADOW
6. The New West - SPINDRIFT
7. Cannon - THE WHITE STRIPES
8. On Your Own Again - SCOTT WALKER
9. Golden Hours - BRIAN ENO
10. Hearing Damage - THOM YORKE
11. Strange News From Another Star - BLUR
12. Die Tonight - TY SEGALL
13. Shot By Both Sides - MAGAZINE
14. Ice Age - JOY DIVISION
15. Everyday Is Like Sunday - MORRISSEY
16. When the Curtain Calls for You - JONATHAN FIRE EATER
17. Born Again - SUPERGRASS

Liner Notes?
The asteroid aptly named Armagideon Yago approacheth. Earth knows it is doomed. Yago crashes into a nuclear power plant in Russia. Chaos reigns and turns cities into desolate wild wastelands. Survivors are few and far between.You're in it alone. Suddenly, you bump into love while banning together to fight whatever horrible beast has taken over. But alas, aliens have landed to pillage the earth and its remaining inhabitants...so, you're effed.


--I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out. The mix features a detachable asteroid magnet with Gideon Yago's face on it. There's also some La Brea Tarpit-ean dino bones on the inside of the case, for that lovely sense of forbode.  I can't take credit for the absolutely bitchin title though - that was all Jessi. Really enjoyed painting the hell out of this. I am nerdy and used a globe for accuracy. Hope it's to your liking Troy!!


Personal Note:
Admittedly horrible at remembering the names of songs, or even people for that matter, I found it difficult to find songs directly related to apocalypse. Instead, I went for songs that make me feel extremely uncomfortable, but I absolutely love. In my apocalyptic vision, it would start out with chaos and then turn into a spaghetti western apparently, where one wonders aimlessly searching for signs of life. You'd run across other folks eventually, and then it'd likely still be shitty, so I added the aliens in there too. With apocalypse comes rebirth, whether it be a personal, or actual apocalypse, so the last track got slapped on at the end.

I find it fascinating that a lot of us are picked Brian Eno songs!

5 comments:

  1. Nice job Brady! I love the mganet/comet

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to look up who Gideon Yago was!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gideon Yago used to be the smartest/dreamboatiest VJ on Mtv in the 90s. Just looked him up too... glad he's still alive!

    Brady, your mix and packaging are rad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brady, this packaging is KILLER.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.