The Joyous Cosmology
129 Meters. Round 3. FDR Fuckin' Werewolf!!!!
Recipient: Brady Harvey
Creator: Anna Kronzer
Commentary:
When brainstorming this, I had a difficult time. By the time I sat
down to actually make it, I had very little in mind as far as what the songs
would be. I kept feeling like I should find the BEST, or most EPIC, or most
BEAUTIFUL pieces of music in the world. But it's really hard to make those
calls. So I just started looking through my music, and ignored those thoughts
and then it came together pretty quickly. My choices were based on various
things: I chose songs that seem exuberant or dramatic or hyperbolic in some
ways, just to show the aliens what a strong capacity for depth of emotion we
humans have. I chose songs with lyrics that described what the world would be
like should they end it or kill us. I chose songs that describe the earth. I
chose a few weird songs, thinking they might better relate to them. And I chose
songs I love.
The packaging consists of the book The Joyous Cosmology, with a CD
sleeve at the end.
Brady, you are the cutest little alien and I have faith you'll
make the right decision.
Track listing:
1. Love, Love, Love (Everyone) - Akron/Family
2. I Hear a New World - Joe Meek
3. The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore - The Walker Brothers
4. All The Sun That Shines - Peaking Lights
5. The Glorious Land - PJ Harvey
6. Bei Mir Bist Du Schoen - The Andrews Sisters
7. It's Obvious - Au Pairs
8. From The Rivers To The Ocean - Bill Callahan
9. Disaster - Besnard Lakes
10. Tick Tock - The Kelley Deal 6000
11. To The East - Electrelane
12. Plains of Nazca (edit) - Sun Dial
13. Farewell Transmission - Songs: Ohia
14. The Purple Bottle - Animal Collective
15. Spaceships - The Telescopes
16. Revolution #9 - The Beatles





Nice! Where did you find the book? I works perfectly!
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to let you know you SAVED THE WORLD Anna. Seriously, you nailed this mix - I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. After just the first four songs I was absolutely hooked. So many jams i haven't heard before. This mix sounds like being on drugs while floating on an innertube on one of those "lazy river" things. Just super calming yet full of happy endorphines. OWNED. and i can't wait to peruse the book too.
ReplyDelete