This was pretty tough. I started by compiling every song I had that involved space, aliens, war, death, and being good (all of the songs). I put on Journey's Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) on first because it's hilarious and great and people need to relax about not liking Journey. After that I kind of based the rest off of that vibe. I tried to make a pretty diverse mix of songs that Jessi-Aliens would like enough to beam down from their space crafts and just party, man.
The packaging is inspired by the gold record shot into space by Carl Sagan and some scienteists. It is supposed to contain music and audio that would best represent the entire human race and its existence. Apparently it is still floating in space, waiting to be picked up by a hip alien race that still listens to vinyl. I spray painted a record I never listen to gold and then slipped the CD in the sleeve.
TRACK LIST:
1. Maggot Brain - Funkadelic
2. 30 Century Man - Scot Walker
3. Solitude Is Bliss - Tame Impala
4. To Be Happy Too - Curtiss A
5. Bow Down And Die - Almighty Defenders
6. Rebel Yell - Billy Idol
7. Cat People (Putting Out Fire) - David Bowie
8. Heaven or Hell - Salt-N-Pepa
9. Gold Dust Women - Fleetwood Mac
10. Cover Me - Bruce Springsteen
11. Comfortable Home (A True Story) - Ty Segall
12. London's Burning - The Clash
13. Beds Are Burning - Midnight Oil
14. Strange Magic - ELO
15. Hairdresser On Fire - Morrissey
16. Us V Them - LCS Soundsystem
17. Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) - Journey
Looks super cool! Nice work!
ReplyDelete