With the theme of aliens, I knew I had to make a space ship of some sort...
So, here is the CD case/ship. The top is made from a wood bowl I found at Value Village. I sanded the foot down so that it wouldn't be as flat on top. I added the nubs, made the bottom half of the saucer out of a scrap of MDF, and welded up some legs. Then I painted it all silverish. The only problem is that it is top heavy when open, but it can always lean on a wall.
Inside is a three-eyed alien I made to fly the ship. The CD is under the wing nut.
As for the music, I went with the idea the idea of aliens arriving on a planet and the stages of their reception. The songs work themselves through the alien arrival, the leaders of the planet welcoming them with false promises, the fear of the general public, the fighting and threats of fighting, the doomsayers, the riots, and finally the coming together of everyone - the party!
1. Humans From Earth - T. Bone Burnett
2. Amerykan Promise - Eryka Badu
3. Y'all Scared - Outcast feat. T-Mo, Big Gipp, and Khujo
4. Something Wicked - 2Pac
5. Demolition Man - Grace Jones
6. Mama Said Knock You Out - LL Cool J
7. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' - Michael Jackson
8. Superstition - Stevie Wonder
9. Sign O' The Times - Prince
10. Fire - Ohio Players
11. Survival - The O'Jays
12. Save Me - James Knight and The Butlers
13. Synchronicity I - The Police
14. Rhythm Nation - Janet Jackson
15. There's A Party - NASA feat. George Clinton


Holy crap! That's awesome Rosa!
ReplyDeleteSUper great mix! So funky.
ReplyDeleteI want to be friends with this alien!!!!!
ReplyDelete