Friday, October 26, 2012

October, 2012, Colour Bomb. For Jacob





I had a few ideas for this, but ended up going with color songs that I like, and when my OCD-ness took over, I grouped them by colour. Good times!

You can download it here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/80875307/ColourBomb.zip
  1. The Rolling Stones - She’s A Rainbow -- This was the first song I thought of when I heard the theme...Jacob actually gave me the record that this song is on -- Their Satanic Majesties Request -- for my birthday a long time ago, so I thought it was appropriate to start with.
  2. The Velvet Underground - Pale Blue Eyes -- One of my favorite songs of all time. Beautiful.
  3. Galaxie 500 - Blue Thunder -- Embarrassingly I've just recently gotten into this band while reading Dean Wareham's autobiography. I really like 'em!
  4. Split Lip Rayfield - Blue Tick Hound -- I miss Kurt.
  5. International Submarine Band - Blue Eyes -- Gram Parsons before he was Gram Parsons. Some great songs on this record.
  6. Thurston Moore - Silver>Blue -- Thought about removing this song, since there is a SY song later on in the mix, but I think it's a really cool song.
  7. The Knitters - Silver Wings -- John Doe doing Merle. I love John Doe's voice. So sad sounding.
  8. The Clash - White Man In Hammersmith Palais -- According to Encyclopedia Britannica, The Clash are the most important rock band in the world, and this, IMHO,  is the best song ever!
  9. Sonic Youth - Green Light -- This song reminds me of my apartment in college, sitting around getting drunk and stoned, listening to Sonic Youth in the darkness, with only a green light shining in the distance.
  10. Fruit Bats - Heart Like An Orange -- One of the better songs on their latest album.
  11. Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band - Yellow Brick Road -- Wasn't planning on including a Beefheart song, but I really love this song (and this album).
  12. The Pogues - A Pair Of Brown Eyes -- Reminds me of my dog Shane...
  13. Circle Jerks - When The Shit Hits The Fan -- Went back and forth trying to decide whether or not to put this on. Finally decided to. Oi vay the brownness!
  14. Small Faces - Red Baloon -- I like it when Ronnie Lane sings. He and Steve Marriott share the singing on this song...
  15. Beat Happening - Red Head Walking -- The first Beat Happening song I ever heard, and still my favorite!
  16. Minor Threat - Seeing Red -- So angry...so, so angry.
  17. Arthur & Yu - Black Bear -- I wish this band was still around, for many reasons. I love this song.
  18. Tom Waits - Big Black Mariah -- So many "black" songs to choose from, but I wanted to include a Tom Waits song, so this is it.
  19. David Bowie - Black Country Rock -- A very stony song off of my favorite Bowie record.
  20. The Paragons - Black Bird Singing -- Token ska song. I really like their take on Black Bird.
  21. Spoon - Black Like Me -- One of my favorite Spoon songs.


1 comment:

  1. A very very very belated response on this! Great mix - it's very you, Liam. A great mixture of a lot of artists that I love! thank you!! -j

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.