Monday, October 22, 2012

CHROMA CLAP

Sounds like something I don't wanna catch. 

Title: Chroma Clap
Recipient: Liam Barksdale



Tracklist
1. Dawn - Brian Jonestown Massacre
2. Pretty Green - The Jam
3. Black and White Town - Doves
4. Golden Brown - The Stranglers
5. Golden Years - David Bowie
6. Blue Jeans - Ladytron
7. Blue Jeans - Blur
8. White Lines - Grandmaster Flash
9. Temptation - New Order
10. Chord Organ Blues - Daniel Johnston
11. Colours - Donovan
12. Pale Blue Eyes - The Velvet Underground
13. Bros - Panda Bear
14. Mr. Blue Sky - E.L.O.


Artist's Statement:
Color is ever changing with our moods and actions. In my eyes, a color bomb should be explosive, shattering hues and emotions in every direction. It's also both destructive and constructive. You have to break the packaging to get it out, and you get extra space on the flash drive inside to continue it's chameleon-like journey in color.  

This mix mainly calls out colors by name in the lyrics, though I did add two which I felt really emanated various colors. The first, "Dawn" by BJM, since the rising sun invokes an incredible amount of colors, and the second Bros by Panda Bear. Got really attached to having this one on the mix even though it's 12 minutes long. It takes me on such a journey, I'd never noticed its length before. Liam mentioned that he liked the color blue, so I focused on that for a bit as well. 





I wrote the artist's statement out on tiny scrolled up papers inside, so it'd really explode when you opened it. The tracklist folds out from the lid in various colors. Uh yea!!!!! Sorry I am so late ARGH!


1 comment:

  1. Brady!
    Thank you so much! I love it. The songs, the presentation, the scrolly bits! thank you thank you!

    -liam

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.